- Eight in ten rural homes are in broadband blackspots
- ‘Dangerous’ THREE-MILE WIDE asteroid 3200 Phaethon heads to Earth TONIGHT
- Windows 10 free update - Time is running out for you to upgrade for nothing
- Halifax reveals the top 50 best places in Britain
- BACK FROM THE DEAD: Japanese firm lets you see deceased loved ones at the grave
GWADAR: The opening ceremony of Gwadar port will be held tomorrow (Sunday), likely to be attended by top military and civilian leaders and ambassadors of 15 countries, reports said.
The first convoy of Chinese containers carrying goods for export through the western route of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) has reached Gwadar. Another convoy of goods has been scheduled to reach here today.
The goods will be exported to the countries in Middle East and Africa, sources said.
The sources have said that a Chinese ship has also anchored at Gwadar port and another vessel was expected to arrive within 24 hours.
According to sources, the opening ceremony of Gwadar port will be held tomorrow (Sunday) and likely to be attended by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, Chief of the Army Staff General Raheel Sharif, Balochistan Governor and Chief Minister and ambassadors of 15 countries.
Citing port officials media reports said the loading of 300 containers on ship will be completed on Saturday (today) and they will depart from the port the next day for destination in Middle East and Africa.
A convoy of containers from China to Gwadar recently started initial trade activities between China and Pakistan under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor project (CPEC).